Street Fair Admission:
Friday, November 21: FREE
Saturday and Sunday, November 22 and 23: $8
13 to 18 and over 62: $5 / 12 and under: FREE
Why wait in line at the entrance? Click here to purchase your Street Fair tickets online.
Author Presentation Tickets:
Online ticketing will be available to the general public starting Monday, November 3, 2014 at 10:00 a.m.
Events requiring tickets for admission are marked with the symbol and are listed below.
Evenings with author presentations:
- An Evening With Alexander McCall Smith
- An Evening With Patricia Cornwell
- An Evening With Anne Rice
- An Evening With Dave Barry and Sandra Tsing Loh
- An Evening With Nicholas D. Kristof
- An Evening With Barbara Ehrenreich
- An Evening With Chuck Todd
- An Evening With Larry McMurtry and Diana Ossana, with Robert Weil
- An Evening With Joyce Carol Oates
- An Evening With the National Book Award Winners
- Marriage Equality: Redeeming the Dream
- Three Acts, Two Dancers and One Radio Host: Ira Glass, Monica Bill Barnes, and Anna Bass (tickets only sold through MDC Live Arts at mdclivearts.org)
Cooking Demos @ Miami Culinary Institute:
- Fabio Viviani, author of Fabio’s American Home Kitchen , whips up savory classic Italian dishes with easy-to-follow instructions that any home cook can duplicate to produce spectacular meals for family and friends.
- Michael Love, author of The Salvage Chef Cookbook: More Than 125 Recipes, Tips, and Secrets to Transform What You Have in Your Kitchen into Delicious Dishes for the Ones You Love, shows you how to creatively transform what you currently have into surprising, delectable, and delicious family meals.
- Ellen Jaffe Jones, author of Paleo Vegan, will surprise and delight both plant-loving vegans and meat-loving paleos with her simple, straightforward way of eating based on natural, whole, unprocessed foods.
- Ana Sofia Peláez, author of The Cuban Table: A Celebration of Food, Flavors, and History, invites you into one of the Caribbean’s most interesting and vibrant cuisines. Here you’ll find recipes for everything, from iconic Cuban sandwiches to rich stews with Spanish accents and African ingredients.
Weekend Author Sessions:
- Political Histories: John W. Dean on The Nixon Defense and Rick Perlstein on The Fall of Nixon and the Rise of Reagan
- Walter Isaacson on The Innovators
- The Resilience Dividend: Staying Strong in a World Where Things Go Wrong with Dr. Judith Rodin and Gwen Ifill
- Black Prophetic Fires: African American Leaders and Their Visionary Legacies with Cornel West and Helene Atwan
- Norman Lear on Even This I Get To Experience
- John Waters on Hitchhiking Across America
- Tavis Smiley on Dr. Martin Luther King
- Richard Dawkins on An Appetite for Wonder: The Making of a Scientist
- By the Book: The New York Times Book Review Comes for Some Sun with Pamela Paul, Ann Patchett, Nicholson Baker, Francine Prose and Walter Mosley
- Azar Nafisi on The Republic of Imagination and Rebecca Goldstein on Plato at the Googleplex: Why Philosophy Won’t Go Away
- Matt Bai on The Week Politics Went Tabloid and Bob Herbert on A Troubled America
- Two Lives: Charles M. Blow on Fire Shut Up in My Bones: A Memoir and Richard Blanco on The Prince of Los Cocuyos: A Miami Childhood
- Do Monsters Live in our Laptops? With Andrew Albanese, Carol Coletta, Azar Nafisi, Astra Taylor, Oren Teicher, and Christopher Kenneally
- Ben Greenman with Questlove on The World According to Questlove and George Clinton onBrothas Be, Yo Like George Ain't That Funkin' Kinda Hard on You?
- John Cleese on So Anyway…
Tickets for Three Acts, Two Dancers and One Radio Host: Ira Glass, Monica Bill Barnes and Anna Bass are available for purchase at mdclivearts.org.
Are you a Friend of the Book Fair?
Online ticketing for Friends of the Fair will be available starting Monday, October 27, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. Click here for Friends of the Fair Ticketing Information.